Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Last day of dental shadowing...but awesome surprise!!

So today was my last day of dental shadowing...I am very sad. But God totally gave me the best last day EVER!! Brenda usually always tells me information about who the first patient is and she told me that “our first patient has a daughter who plays on a TV show called Lie to Me”. I was like “NO WAY! I LOVE THAT SHOW!!” So I was super excited to meet her mom!! The mom/our patient’s name is Sonia Raymund, whose daughter, Monica Raymund plays Ria Torres on the “Lie to Me”. Jp and I watched the whole season (13 episodes) in basically 2 nights. We are addicted!!
Ria is one of the four “detectives” on the show who solve the cases and she is the “natural”. She is the young latino girl in the picture above. It was awesome to talk to her mom because she gave me some inside scoop! They are shooting at the end of this month for the next season! She also told me that her daughter’s character is going to change a little. They want to make her look younger (she is 26 but playing a 24 year old) and they don’t want her character to come off so “tough”. So that just totally made my morning even better!!! It was awesome. Also Brenda’s oldest daughter came in and told Brenda that she is having a baby boy! She has just found out the gender that morning. What a miracle a child is! The next patient brought things back to reality because she had just lost her husband last Tuseday. He passed away in his sleep about the same time last Tuesday as the time she was coming in for her appointment. So you can imagine the emotions she was feeling. She is an older lady, and if you would like to pray for her, her name is Carmela. She’s just having a hard time in dealing with her husbands death and the whole process that goes with it. (Isn’t it crazy they make people deal with all the legal stuff during their time of mourning...it stinks). The third patient was hilarious. She was like a 30 year old with a 5 year old personality. She could not sit still for anything and she just kept talking. She was so funny! She told me she hates the dentist and that they need a seatbelt just to keep her in the chair! She has veneers, a tooth implant, fillings, a bridge and almost anything you can think of in her mouth. Our last patient had anesthesia before we worked on her teeth but she had good teeth naturally. We put varnish on her teeth, which is a protective covering of the margins of your teeth. Brenda basically painted it on with a teeny tiny paint brush. It was cool. So I had a very fun and interesting last day. It was sad to leave, but they did say “We might see you soon!” You never know what God has in store ;)

1 comment:

Poiriers Perspective said...

That is so awesome that you meet her mom!! I was so excited what you text me in info lol. Im really excited to watch the next season.

That lady that you were talking about who is 30 but acts like she is 5, i think she just might have been super nervous about the who thing lol. people get like that when they are nervous.

Well i hope they will see you soon! it would be nice to see you get that job once you are out of school!! God has a funny what of doing things!!

I love you babe sounded like you have a great day shadowing!