Thursday, June 11, 2009

Here. Today. Now.

So I was reading Beth's blog about the daily verse, and I signed up for it. Today's really spoke to me...

Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. Matthew 6:34

If you're thinking about the future more than you're living in the moment, reconsider. Yes, planning and strategy has its place, but so does being aware of what God has for you right now. Work toward balance in this area and embrace what He's placed before you for today.

Obviously Jp and I have a wedding ahead of us, and I haven't been overwhelmed or planning like crazy yet, but I'm taking this as a "caution sign" to not get so caught up in all the planning for the future, that I miss the here and now. So I will keep my balance, and see the beauty of what God has for me today.

:)

2 comments:

uthpastorjj said...

That verse was quoted by my Greek professor in college on an almost daily basis. There needs to be planning for the future without the worry commonly associated with it. Balance is the key.

Beth said...

Smart advice. I need to remind myself of that in the midst of this move and craziness.