Monday, June 1, 2009

It's been a loooooong time...

Okay. So I haven’t blogged in a long time. No. A realllllly long time. Since the last A-team meeting. Strange...since we just had one yesterday. I guess they get me thinking...? Yesterday’s A-team was really interesting. Triple J described out some really good points to leadership. So anyway, let me shortly recap what’s happened since January 14th: I got engaged to the best guy ever, one of my best friends started coming to church, and I finished my first year as a college freshman with all A’s :) That is just a small description of some of the big things that have happened. There have been many little changes personally, some that I can’t even remember, but I know have made me a better person. God has really been pushing me to rely more on Him, and I realize that when I do, things work out better than if I try it on my own. Trusting in God is so important, but can sometimes be the hardest thing, especially for me. Lately, there have been a lot of changes that have caused me to trust in God to provide. And He does. I’ll be honest; since Marble Maintenance had been slowing down a lot, Jp had to pick up his job at CFA. We are trying to save up money for our wedding plus future life, and minimum wage is not the best. But, we know that God provides for his children, and will take care of us. Anyway, I was reading this passage in my devos this morning, and I really like the principles it describes. Read it.

Colossians 3:12-17 (New Century Version)

12 God has chosen you and made you his holy people. He loves you. So you should always clothe yourselves with mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. 13 Bear with each other, and forgive each other. If someone does wrong to you, forgive that person because the Lord forgave you. 14 Even more than all this, clothe yourself in love. Love is what holds you all together in perfect unity. 15 Let the peace that Christ gives control your thinking, because you were all called together in one body to have peace. Always be thankful. 16 Let the teaching of Christ live in you richly. Use all wisdom to teach and instruct each other by singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17 Everything you do or say should be done to obey Jesus your Lord. And in all you do, give thanks to God the Father through Jesus.

Also, Jp sent me a couple verses this morning, (from Colossians as well...weird!) that I really like. So here ya go :)

Colossians 1:10-12 (Contemporary English Version)

10Then you will live a life that honors the Lord, and you will always please him by doing good deeds. You will come to know God even better.
11 His glorious power will make you patient and strong enough to endure anything, and you will be truly happy.
12I pray that you will be grateful to God for letting you [a] have part in what he has promised his people in the kingdom of light.


Thank you for taking the time to read. One of my goals is to start bloggin regularly again. Help me reach it :)

<3 MRS

4 comments:

uthpastorjj said...

Great blog, MRS. Crazy how it coincided with the A-Team meetings. Anyway, really good stuff, and this might be the catalyst for others to get back to blogging as well?

Poems of Long Ago said...

i second jj. this is a good blog.

Beth said...

Always good to get the mind going and thinking. Plus, sometimes it just helps me to see things in writing.

Robin said...

haha, what a coincidence, I just returned to my blog after a break as well, and decided to check up on my friends' blogs... and you've done the same!! funny funny.

Those are some good verses... I like Colossians. :)