Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Second Day Dental Shadowing!

So I had my second day of dental shadowing today. It was awesome. The first patient we had was a man who we got to give antibiotic shots to in his mouth. I had my gloves, goggles, and mask on and got right in the action :) Then the second patient was a lady whom the doctor had to numb her with a needle cause we were doing a deep root cleaning. Then he offered her use of the office iPod for her to listen to. How awesome is that! Also they gave her a neck pillow for her to relax. Crazy! She had major tartar behind her bottom front teeth and I didn’t think it would be able to come off. But it did! I was super shocked! Her teeth looked great after that!

So that took about 3 and a half hours, then Brenda and I just talked about dentistry and she showed me some before & after pictures of people who had major work done. This one guy had tiny baby teeth cause his real teeth were grinded down so much, they were almost half the size! But then he got porcelain veneers and he looked amazing! It’s so crazy to think how your smile can totally change how you look!! It was a professional looking smile :) So I asked Brenda how much veneers are typically, and they are about $1200 a TOOTH!!! Oh my goodness!!! But they really are worth it because they make your smile beautiful :) Anywho, I can’t wait til next Tuesday. Each time becomes more fun than the last :)

No comments: